Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Handbook of Signs & Symptoms, 5th Edition
The newly updated Handbook of Signs & Symptoms, 5e proves it is still the must-have clinical nursing tool for improving patient safety, by increasing assessment accuracy. Quick-scan entries from A to Z offer the on-the-spot answers you need for more than 500 signs and symptoms, covering definitions, causes, patient history, exams, diagnostics, and interventions. Save time and increase your assessment confidence: Reach for this crucial guide!
Improve patient safety with . . .
* NEW signs and symptoms related to emerging diseases and disorders, including avian influenza, respiratory syncytial virus, Kawasaki disease, and the currently epidemic metabolic syndrome
* NEW appendix provides definitions and common causes of 250 less-familiar or nonspecific signs and symptoms
* NEW techniques for evoking patient responses
* NEW pediatric, psychiatric, and nail and tongue signs
* NEW focus on obtaining health history needed for comprehensive, reliable documentation
* Quick-reference A to Z format arms you with assessment guidance for 530 signs and symptoms6
* Convenient carry-it-with-you [or keep-it-handy] size
* Up-to-date methods for determining each sign or symptom's identity, cause, and nursing implications
* Description of sign or symptom is followed by:
o History and physical examination - Guidelines for detailed history and exam: what to ask, what to examine, and how
o Emergency interventions - Life-, limb-, and organ-threatening signs and symptoms, with recommended nursing interventions
o Medical causes - Differential diagnosis: common causative diseases and disorders related to each sign and symptom, and subtle indicators that keep assessments on track
o Other causes - Medications and herbal remedies associated with each complaint o Special considerations - Patient positioning to ease comfort; preparation for diagnostic testing; reducing anxiety; signs of complications
o Patient counseling - Patient teaching for comfort and safety; explaining causes, treatment, and possible outcomes; providing support referrals
o Pediatric pointers, Geriatric pointers, and Gender cues - Age and gender issues affecting sign and symptom's presentation, detection, and interpretation
* Charts help differentiate among a sign or symptom's multiple causes, and differences among similar signs and symptoms
* Tables on signs and symptoms relating to bioterrorism agents and herbal remedies
You might also be interested in these items
100 Cases in Clinical Medicine, 3e
100 Cases in Medical Data Interpretation
100 Diagnostic Dilemmas in Clinical Medicine
1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine, 2e
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, special offers, and coupon codes.